Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Seaford NY






Andre and I are getting settled in to our house in NY. We live in a little town called Seaford. In our backyard we have a channel way from the ocean. We have ducks and swans and geese that live out there and always come up for bread! Homer and Daisy are fascinated with the birds. It is really funny because the male swans don't like Homer and hiss at him! My mom has been here helping me unpack and clean the house. It is now becoming our home now that we are getting settled in and getting our decorations up. Our ward is really really nice. I think that we met every single person that is in our ward on the first Sunday we were here, they all came up and introduced themselves! They are so nice, it made us feel very welcome. Our bishop has already been over and brought us dinner, and even remembered my birthday and got me a card and a present from his family! Andre and I have already been asked to speak. This is the most diverse ward I have ever been in, just in gospel doctrine we had over 9 countries represented, including Pakistan, Philippines, Jamaica, Germany, Japan, England, Korea, Peru, Russia! And they aren't 2nd or 3rd generations, they were actually born there and came to the US. Here are some pictures of us feeding the swans and Homer, our view and the back of our house. I need to get a front of the house picture still but it is dark out right now :(

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We hope that you're getting settled and are so glad that you have a nice ward! That helps so much when you're in a new place. We're sure that you'll make some new friends fast! That's so wonderful that your mom was there to help! Is she going to be able to be there when the baby is born? I'm due on Monday! We can't wait to meet our little man!